Want to take part in developing our local leaders? Donate to the LGR Scholarship Fund to ensure all are given the means and opportunity to engage, connect, and grow.
Engage. Connect. Grow.
Leadership Greater Rochester is a comprehensive ten-month leadership development program created by the Rochester Chamber of Commerce Foundation. The program’s mission is to develop and advance leaders through participation in personal, professional, and community activities designed to encourage individual responsibility for taking an active leadership role in the future vitality of the Greater Rochester area. Leadership Greater Rochester welcomes participants from various industries and organizations to take part in eleven educational sessions over the course of the program:
- LEARN - Activating Leaders: LGR Orientation
- ENGAGE - Leadership Retreat
- DISCOVER - Exploring Our Economic Ecosystem
- DEVELOP - Workforce & Talent
- CREATE - Community Impact Proposals
- EXPERIENCE - Humanities in Our Community
- CONNECT - The Art of Leadership Communication
- TRANSFORM - Building a Sustainable Community
- ADVOCATE - Engaging in Local Government
- INVESTIGATE - Experiencing Public Safety
- ADVANCE - Launching Leaders
BENEFITS TO PROGRAM PARTICIPATION
LGR PROGRAM BENEFITS
Through 92 true class hours and approximately 60 additional donated hours in project time, the Leadership Greater Rochester program provides:
- Sessions conducted and facilitated by local experts and community leaders
- Access to LGR alumni eager to connect participants to their expertise, network, and community involvement
- Requirement for participants to attend a local organization or council board meeting and complete a Board Observation Report
- Strengths coaching by Leadership Vision Consulting
- Attendance of the Chamber’s annual Day at the Capitol event
- Attendance of a Chamber of Commerce networking event to grow professional role in the community
- Both an overnight and single day retreat to Camp Victory with ropes course
- Skills acquired, including but not limited to: use of Google Drive and Google Groups, committee formation and leadership, Strengthsfinder application through Leadership Development Plan, team structure application through Community Impact Project process.
By the end of the program, Leadership Greater Rochester participants will be able to:
APPLY PERSONAL STRENGTHS TO BUILD LEADERSHIP CAPABILITIES AND CAPACITY.
BUILD AND LEVERAGE RELATIONSHIPS TO ENHANCE ACCESS TO MORE PROFESSIONAL RESOURCES.
ASSESS, UNDERSTAND, AND RESPOND EFFECTIVELY TO A COMMUNITY NEED.
For more information about Leadership Greater Rochester, please contact Workforce Development Manager, Kaylie Huntley, or call (507) 424-5678.