See below for available positions. If we are not hiring in your area of expertise, still feel welcome to submit your resume and cover letter for us to keep on file to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Workforce Development and Education Coordinator
JOB TITLE: Workforce Development and Education Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Vice President of Workforce Development
The Rochester Chamber of Commerce Foundation unites business and education to ensure a globally competitive workforce of independent, confident, and creative thinkers.
The primary role of this position is to provide event, meeting, calendar, program, and volunteer coordination for the Workforce Development department. This position is important to ensuring that all events and programming are coordinated and marketed in a professional manner. This position interfaces with Chamber members on a daily basis. It calls for imperturbability and the ability to exercise neutrality. This position has direct contact with members and the public through event and program coordination, trainings, and information sharing, by telephone, email, social media and walk-ins to the office.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage all aspects of Workforce Development event coordination, including, but not limited to: working with Chamber staff for planning, set up, registration, volunteer coordination, and communications with venue, attendees, speakers, and vendors
- Manage and coordinate all aspects of educational events and programs, including but not limited to: job shadow program, experiential learning grant, and educational expo
- Coordinate aspects of additional Workforce Development programs and services as assigned
- Monitor event/program/project effectiveness against established goals and compile data for reporting outcomes
- Conduct research on Workforce Development issues, programming, and grants as directed
- Performs other duties as assigned and consistent with the role and function of the position
- Employee is exposed to confidential information. Confidentiality must be respected
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND OTHER QUALIFICATIONS:
- Excellent communication skills, including written and oral skills, and attention to detail
- General computer proficiency, including experience with Google Apps, Microsoft Word, Excel and web based applications
- Self-motivated with the ability to multi-task; manage and implement multiple priorities/programs
- Strong understanding of and ability to work with a wide variety of people
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Able to collaborate and work in a team atmosphere
- Valid driver’s license and mode of transportation
- Enthusiasm and desire to help reach the Workforce Development department’s goals, with an interest in K-16 education
- Experience in project management, event coordination and/or volunteer coordination
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Work is typically performed in an office setting, but occasionally includes physical duties such as transporting supplies and equipment, usually but not always <35 lbs. This position requires local travel, occasional early morning and evening hours, and limited national travel.
The above describes the essential functions of the job and are not to be considered a detailed description of every duty of the job. The requirements of the job, and the text of this job description are subject to change without notice and at the sole discretion of the Chamber Board.
Please send Cover Letter and Resume to Julie Brock, Vice President of Workforce Development, at email@example.com; subject line: Workforce Development and Education Coordinator.
View this job on Indeed.com by clicking here.