TO NOMINATE, PLEASE CLICK THE "REGISTER NOW" BUTTON ABOVE
“Spirit of Diversity” Award Criteria
The Spirit of Diversity Award seeks to honor a business or individual that truly fosters the celebration of diversity and the promotion of inclusive, welcoming environments for individuals of all backgrounds. The award is given to an individual or business in Southeast Minnesota whose efforts and achievements toward this end are not part of their normal work. These businesses/individuals go above and beyond to create welcoming communities in which all individuals are seen, heard, and valued, making positive impact in our region.
*Note the Spirit of Diversity Award will be given at the Supplier Diversity Summit on Tuesday, October 3rd. All nominees should be available to attend to be recognized during the keynote luncheon.
The selected recipient will fulfill the following overarching “Spirit of Diversity” Award criteria:
- Impact – Has the nominee made an impact beyond their immediate role or responsibility?
- Innovation – Has the nominee used innovative approaches to advance inclusion in our community which has resulted in real benefits?
- Environment – Does the nominee demonstrate outstanding efforts to promote an environment free from bias and discrimination?
- Advocate – Has the nominee advocated for equity and inclusion of underrepresented groups?
- Collaboration – Has the nominee established partnerships with other individuals and organizations to foster inclusion?
- Measurable Benefits – Have the nominee’s efforts achieved tangible results?
- Sustainability – Does the nominee leave a lasting legacy and serve as a role model?