Custom Alarm Renews TMA Five Diamond Monitoring Center Designation
Vienna, VA- The Monitoring Association (TMA) is pleased to announce that Custom Alarm – Rochester, MN has renewed the prestigious “TMA Five Diamond Monitoring Center” designation. This designation is granted annually to monitoring centers that satisfy all of the requirements of the “five points of excellence”:
Commitment to ongoing job-related education and testing by having 100% of its monitoring center operators certified using the TMA online training series on industry best practices.
The TMA Five Diamond designation means, in particular, that a monitoring company has demonstrated an exceptionally high degree of responsibility to their local community and their customers through the investment of time, money and commitment to quality operator training. Operators serve as the life-saving link between residential or business properties and the police, fire and emergency services in local areas. The TMA Monitoring Center Operator course covers virtually all phases of monitoring center communications with customers, police, fire and emergency services communications centers. In order to achieve the Five Diamond designation, each and every operator must not only pass the course, but demonstrate:
- Commitment to random inspections and quality criteria standards by a nationally recognized testing laboratory such as FM Approvals, Intertek/ETL and UL.
- Commitment to raising the industry standards through TMA membership and participation in its activities.
- Commitment to reducing false dispatches.
- Commitment to the highest levels of customer service.
There are approximately 2,700 monitoring centers in the United States that communicate and interact with police, fire and emergency services agencies. Of this group, fewer than two hundred monitoring centers have achieved the Five Diamond designation, setting these companies apart.
About Custom Alarm
Custom Alarm is a locally owned and operated, security-minded company located in Rochester, MN with its own UL listed Monitoring Response Center. Specializing in fire alarm systems, intrusion, video surveillance, access control for both residential and commercial owners and home automation. Custom Alarm is the award winning, community involved company that you can trust to ‘have your back’ in all areas of security and provide you with confidence, allowing you to rest assured. Providing you with Peace-of-Mind for over 50 years.
To learn more about Custom Alarm and how we can help you, please visit custom-alarm.com
- Proficiency in alarm confirmation process, which helps reduce false alarms
- Proficiency in communications with Public Service Answering Points, such as the Emergency 911 centers
- Knowledge of electronic communications equipment, including, cellular, radio and internet communication systems
- An understanding of the codes and standards of such organizations as Underwriters Laboratories, Factory Mutual, the National Fire Protection Association and others
- Proficiency in the area of emergency preparedness under a wide scenario of possibilities.