Leadership Greater Rochester
Thank you for your interest in the Leadership Greater Rochester program and the Rochester Chamber of Commerce Foundation.
Leadership Greater Rochester is a comprehensive ten-month leadership development course created by the Rochester Chamber of Commerce Foundation. The program’s mission is to develop leaders through participation in personal, professional and community activities designed to encourage individual responsibility for taking an active leadership role in the future vitality of the greater Rochester area. Leadership Greater Rochester welcomes participants from various industries and organizations.
Credentials/Qualifications for Applications
Leadership Greater Rochester is accepting applications for individuals who have the desire and capacity to take their leadership strengths to a higher level in order to help their communities, professions and organizations. While the program is designed to assemble a unique and diverse cohort of high-potential leaders, the most successful applicants to the Leadership Greater Rochester program share certain characteristics:
- Experienced Professional: Individuals are accomplished professionals who have a breadth and depth of professional experience. Though “quality” is not easily measured in time, the majority of applicants has 5 years of professional experience and is at a point in their careers where their participation in the Leadership Greater Rochester program will be felt for many years to come.
- Demonstrated Leadership: Individuals are interested in building on their established record of meaningful leadership. (Note: Leadership Greater Rochester is not an introductory course on leadership).
- Eager to Receive Feedback: Individuals willingly seek, humbly accept, and actively respond to feedback.
- Accepting of Diverse Points of View: Individuals welcome opportunities to interact with and learn from others with different backgrounds or perspectives.
- In Position of Influence: Individuals are expected to take action and make change in their communities or organizations, so they must have an opportunity to effect change
- Civically Minded: Individuals are willing and eager to take actions to improve our community.
- Committed to the Program: The Leadership Greater Rochester program is rigorous and intense. Over the course of the ten-month program, individuals are required to be onsite for 12 days and spend numerous hours engaging in curriculum, including the Community Impact Project.